Monday, March 16, 2015

The Little Things

Over the last few days, so many wonderful things have happened. They've been small, so I find it easy to let them slip by unnoticed. That's why I've decided to sit down and list all the things I am grateful for...
  • Books! Books from the library, books to sell online, books to dream of getting, and books to get for free! (I can't wait to download this one onto our Kindle and test it out!)
  • The fact that I'm over halfway through my last Grammar textbook. : )
  • My nephew nicknaming me "Cakie". He calls us all by names of his own creation. : )
  • Our DQ adventure. Yesterday, they were passing out free ice cream cones to celebrate the anniversary of their chain. We, um, visited two in a night. Don't tell anyone.
  • The other nephew learning to walk!! (And say "yeah" and "oh, wow".)
  • My writer's block was over for a bit. I wrote a story called "The Red Notebook" and started another. Now I have to muster my creative juices for that contest...
  • Weeds. No really, they are a lot of fun. Especially when you are out picking them with your mom and your brother by the light of the moon and the arena lights. Great discussions too.
  • Popsicles.
  • Swinging. So much fun. Especially when you slow down and your nephew commands you, "Go!" (He was enjoying watching me...) ; )
  • All of us scrapbooking together. That was a ton of fun! I got to rip up two pages of old love songs and turn them into something really pretty. : )
  • Dad's expository narrative sermon at church about the Israelites crossing the Jordan. Paul got to help out a bit by asking what the stones mean.
  • Decorating books to look through. Cupcake books to look through. Cookie books to look through. Ah...
  • Correspondence to catch up. Sending out letters means that in about a week, I just might start getting replies!
  • Hilarious and meaningful family devotions.
  • God's love and thunder. 'Nuff said.
Today, what are you grateful for?

~By Kate originally posted at The Sacrament of Living 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Glad you stopped by! Please leave us your thoughts, questions, or suggestions below!